Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to School

Well the day we had been dreading finally caught up with us. Yes, the first day of school. For some reason it was much harder to go back to school than usual. I think it's because this is our last semester before graduation and we are just so anxious to be done. I am only taking 10 credits and Brandon is taking 12. We are both working part time at our on-campus jobs as well. This semester should be a piece of cake compared to others, but I am having a really hard time being motivated. Hopefully my "senioritis" will go away so I can do well in all my classes to finish off my college career.

Before we left for school on Monday I made us take the classic "first day of school" picture with our book bags and everything! We didn't take one together because we were running a little late! 7:45am classes are brutal! (Please ignore our messy apartment, we had just gotten back the night before from our weekend trip to Montana.)

(my first day of school picture)

(Brandon's first day of school picture)

I have also finally tried some of the things I've seen on Pinterest! I am so proud of myself. Brandon always makes fun of me for telling him about all these cool things I see on there and then I never follow through. But I finally did! Last week when we were up in Montana visiting Brandon's parents I made a Halloween wreath with his mom. I was a little worried because I'm not really crafty so I didn't know how it was going to turn out. But it actually turned out pretty well.


This picture is a little small, but I think it looks pretty good! We wrapped the Styrofoam ring in ribbon and then pinned in the geo mesh. We added some ribbon and then some cool Halloween stuff like a purple glittered spider and a pumpkin. I haven't hung it up yet, but once I do I will post a better picture!

I also tried a dessert recipe called Brownie Refrigerator Cake that I found on Pinterest tonight. I did an okay job. I messed up with the cream cheese. It says to mix softened cream cheese with powdered sugar and cool whip. I thought the cream cheese was soft enough, but it wasn't. So we had little chunks of cream cheese in one of layers. Brandon didn't seem to mind. He really enjoyed it. But now I know for next time. You live and you learn I guess!

(It looks good, huh?)

It is starting to cool down here in Idaho. The leaves will be changing soon and it will start feeling like fall. I just wish it would stay fall and never be winter. Good thing we are leaving in December and won't have to worry about another crazy winter here in Idaho. We are already getting excited for the haunted straw maze they have here in Rexburg during Halloween. We took my sister Kamilla last year. It was so much fun and really scary! It is definitely a must do before we leave Rexburg. I will post more about our fall adventures as they happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment