Sunday, January 22, 2012

1 Year Engagement Anniversary

Yesterday was the anniversary of when Brandon asked me to become his wife. I am so lucky that he chose me to spend eternity with. It was a little weird thinking about how different things are from a year ago. Being married is a very different from being single up here at BYU-I.

The biggest thing I love about being married is not having to deal with roommates anymore! It is so great being able to have control over who comes over. It is awesome! Being married is so much better than being single. I am so blessed to be married to my best friend.

Here is the story of how he did it:

Well I was off-track last Winter and I was taking my last GE class on campus. It was FA 100 and I had to go to all sorts of different performances to fulfill the requirements. I went to this foreign French film to fulfill my first requirement for the class. It was really long and really confusing (since it was in French). It was snowing a lot once the show ended and the roads were starting to get pretty bad. I headed over to Brandon's apartment after the show ended. Brandon asked me if I wanted to walk to the gas station to get hot cocoa (we did this the first night we met). We were walking by the park (the place we first met) and I was just talking about the movie I just suffered through. I started walking ahead of Brandon and he stopped, turned me around, and pulled the ring out of his pocket. He told me that I was his best friend and that he loved me. He asked me if I would do him the honor of being his wife. I very excitedly said yes! It is history ever since :)

To celebrate our engagement anniversary we went to the gas station and got hot chocolate like we did the first night we met. It was very low key but I loved every second of it. I am so grateful for these almost 5 months of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment